Hello! My name is Sara Ross and I am the Learning Consultant here at Hampton Elementary. I am also one of our school’s Reading Recovery Teachers.
I have had the honor to be an educator for over 10 years. During that time I have taught preschool, kindergarten, 1st grade, 2nd grade, and sixth grade. I have also worked as a Reading Coach. I have a Bachelor’s of Science in Child Development and a Master’s of Arts in Teaching and Curriculum with a Specialization in Literacy and Language Instruction. I also have a Reading Specialist endorsement.
As Hampton’s Learning Consultant I have the opportunity to work with students, parents, teachers, and our principal in many ways. Some of my responsibilities include:
- Providing academic intervention to students in Tier 2 and Tier 3 within the MTTS model
- Building coordinator for district and state assessments
- Delivering new developments in district curriculum for use in the classroom
- Consulting with classroom teachers regarding student needs, intervention, differentiation, and accommodations
- Consulting with parents to provide updates on their child’s progress
- Consulting with building principal and support services staff
Please feel free to contact me by clicking, “About Us” and then “Contact Us” on the main page of Hampton’s website.Kind regards, Sara Ross Learning Consultant & Reading Recovery Teacher Hampton Elementary Rochester Community Schools